Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Palin can't even tell us what she reads



I try to read many newspapers and magazines -- hard copy and online -- each day. But I would never respond "all of them" when asked which ones I read as GOP Vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin did on CBS News with Katie Couric.

Come on, she can't even answer this one! I'm guessing she doesn't read any papers other than staff memos that distill the day's news and boil her life down to talking points.

Couric deserves credit for the question but should have pressed further, asking Palin to talk about an article on any subject other than the presidential race which she has read in the last month. Prediction on that: strike out No. 2.

Here is Palin with Couric:


Couric: And when it comes to establishing your worldview, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?

Palin: I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media.

Couric: What, specifically?

Palin: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years.

Couric: Can you name a few?

Palin: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news, too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, "Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?" Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.

No comments: